Python/Django Developer (m/f)
We are an online publisher and a hugely successful one at that!
With our content and projects, whether it’s quizzes, apps or blogs, we reach millions of users on a daily basis. If you are an active user, or you have just seen us on Facebook, we are sure you will be familiar with some of our products such as: nametest.com, testony.com and apost.com.
- Over 4 billion page impressions in a single month
- Over 250 million active users - 1 in every 8 Facebook users!
- Quizzes translated in over 40 different languages once viral
We have many exciting projects we are running in parallel to our current and hugely successful websites. In order to continue our growth trajectory we are searching for passionate colleagues that value innovative, agile and explorative work as much as we do!
The position of Python/Django Developer (m/f) will have the following responsibilities;
- Development in Python using modern frameworks, such as Django, Tornado or Flask
- Performant database design with either PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Deep knowledge of different algorithms and data structures
- Develop, enhance and improve our existing microservices and products
- Innovative ideas are welcomed for the implementation of new tools and Microservices
- Prototyping, software design and development of new features to be implemented
- Facebook applications (Graph API) is desirable, other Web APIs are also considered
- Comfortable working in X-functional teams, familiar with Agile methodologies
- Whether degree educated or not, you are an experienced Python developer
- Expert in Python, using modern web frameworks like Django, Tornado or Flask
- Performant database design and querying with either PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience of code versioning in GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket
- Experience writing unit tests, TDD is a plus
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
Nice to have
- Experienced in the development of Facebook applications (Graph API)
- The ability to write clean and compact code, e.g. DRY, KISS, Loose Coupling principles along with a general understanding of modern design patterns
- Concurrency and multithreading experience, ideally with experience using Go / GoLang\
- Experience in microservices infrastructure and Docker containerisation
- An appreciation of DevOps principles, CI/CD and Configuration Management
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Cassandra
- Big Data project experience involving Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics or AI
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (SCRUM / Kanban)
- The latest hardware provided; whether Mac, Windows or Linux
- Friendly, collegiate atmosphere with colleagues who compliment one another with their skills
- Drinks, snacks and activities for downtime all at hand, including table football & PS4 (our favourite is FIFA18..!)
- Emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, with positive and supportive management
- Our office language is English but overall we speak over 20 different languages
- Relocation and VISA offered, including German lessons to help integrate
- Easily accessible offices close to downtown Munich
- Buddy, our friendly office dog!