Copy Editor (m/f) - English / Full or Part time
We are an online publisher - and a hugely successful one at that! On a daily basis, we reach millions of users with our content, projects and games, such as apost.com and the Nametests Instant Game on Facebook. We are a creative team where our mission is to “make people smile”; we are committed to entertaining people and want to empower them to get the most from their valuable time on our content platforms and games and to inspire their world.
We use the latest technology in order to be highly adaptive in the modern digital world. Combined with our agile spirit and great teamwork, this allows us to achieve:
- More than 150 million monthly active players
- More than 120 million fans on Facebook
- Content translated into more than 40 different languages
The Social Sweethearts are looking for passionate and dynamic colleagues who would like to join us in continuing to create a more colorful online world.
Become a part of our team as a full-time Copy Editor (m/f) full or part time in Cologne.
You will work closely with our team of Content Creators and English Editors on our aspiring project APost that publishes entertaining feel-good content for a global audience and you will work in English. In practical terms, you take over the following tasks.
- Make sure that new viral, family friendly content is available on our website every day.
- Edit news, lifestyle, and emotional content for style, tone, and flow and conform content to in-house style.
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors and perform quality assurance on published content.
- Review sources for quality and proper citation format.
- Communicate with editors and to resolve inaccuracies and provide feedback to editors on quality of work.
- Update in-house style guide and documentation.
- Contribute to project work as assigned.
✔ You bring experience in online content writing and editing and have a hawk-like ability to catch errant punctuation and grammatical mistakes
✔ You are an English native speaker with a knack for making content flow
✔ You have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field and experience in copyediting with an astute sense of appropriate style, voice, and tone
✔ You are always online and keep an eye on the latest trends on the web and in social media
✔ Ideally, you are experienced with a female American audience and familiar with American culture
✔ You are familiar with cloud-based tools such as Google Drive
✔ You have experience in the use of image and video editing
✔ You are committed, proactive and someone to rely on
✔ You pursue high-quality standards, therefore you work carefully and are accurate in every detail
✔ You have strong skills in meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload
- Friendly, collegiate atmosphere with colleagues who complement one another with their skills
- A challenging task with plenty of room for personal development
- Drinks, snacks and activities for downtime all at hand, and team events on a very regular base
- Emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, with positive and supportive management
- Our office language is English
- Easily accessible offices
- A wonderful and growing company library
Were we able to inspire you? Then return the favour! Send us your completed application including a creative cover letter, a traditional resume, relevant and convincing work samples and all your certificates. To get started, just click on the green button :-)