Fact Checker (EN/DE native) (m/f/d)
We are an online publisher - and a hugely successful one at that! On a daily basis, we reach millions of users with our content, projects and games, such as apost.com and the Nametests Instant Game on Facebook. We are a creative team where our mission is to “make people smile” and to inspire their world; we are committed to entertaining people and want to empower them to get the most from their valuable time on our content platforms and games.
We use the latest technology in order to be highly adaptive in the modern digital world. Combined with our agile spirit and great teamwork, this allows us to achieve:
- More than 110 million monthly active players
- More than 120 million fans on Facebook
- Content translated into more than 40 different languages
The Social Sweethearts are looking for passionate and dynamic colleagues who would like to join us in continuing to create a more colorful online world.
Become a part of our team as a Fact Checker (EN/DE native) (m/f/d) full or part time in Munich!
You will work closely with our team of Content Creators and English Editors on our aspiring projects that publish entertaining feel-good content for a global audience and you will work in English and German. In practical terms, you take over the following tasks.
- Factcheck our already existing content within our Content Management System
- Check if the facts, cited studies, researches and quotes in our articles are legitimate and true by using Google and other reliable fact checking tools
- Collaborate closely with the content creator team and let them know which articles need to be improved
- Investigate the sources and ensure that they have a reputation for accuracy
- Add additional , helpful links to trustworthy and reputable sources in order to add value for readers
✔ You have a solid background and experience in professional Journalism
✔ You have a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in English, German, Journalism, or related field
✔ You are an English or German native speaker and fluent in both languages
✔ You have an excellent eye for detail regarding fact searching and content quality
✔ You have extensive experience in checking facts on Google and with reliable fact checking tools
✔ You love to work in a fast-paced environment
✔ You are committed, proactive, highly accurate and someone to rely on
✔ You pursue high-quality standards, thus, you work carefully and are accurate in every detail
✔ You have strong skills in meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload
- Friendly, collegiate atmosphere with colleagues who complement one another with their skills
- Challenging tasks with plenty of room for personal development
- Drinks, snacks and activities for downtime all at hand, and team events on a very regular base
- Emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, with positive and supportive management
- Our office language is English
- Easily accessible offices
- A wonderful and growing company library
Were we able to inspire you? Then return the favour! Send us your completed application including a creative cover letter, a traditional resume, relevant and convincing work samples and all your certificates. To get started, just click on the green button :-)